June 15, 2020
Improvements to Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) to be released next month
Microsoft is scheduled to release Office 365 updates specifically designed for customers with an Advanced Threat Protection plan, as early as next month. The updates will include enhancements to Mail flow and Threat Protection status reports, with the aim of increasing transparency regarding security issues in Microsoft email accounts.
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) users will receive more information on the route of their incoming email, and will be able see how messages are passed through security filters.
- According to the new Microsoft 365 roadmap entry, Microsoft will release a report that will indicate the time it takes messages to pass through all security filters.
- Further information will be given to ATP users regarding the effects of their configuration changes to their account’s security.
- The enhancements to Mail flow and Threat Protection status reports will include Override Allows view, which will enable users to see which threats were allowed through the security filters, due to changes made by them to the configurations.
- The effects of all types of configuration on security can be assessed by the security configurations tweaks survey.
- Additional upcoming Office 365 updates will include improvements to Office 365 Message Encryption (OME) service, provide more details to Office 365 ATP users on malicious URLs and malware, release Attack flow overviews of malware attacks and attempt to stop enterprise data theft via emails.
Stay Safe with TrustNet!