A recent report by Kaspersky Q4 2019 DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) revealed that the number of DDoS attacks continues to grow.
- Overall, in 2019 there’s a clear growth in all indicators in comparison to 2018 (smart attacks, average duration, bigger packet size)
- There’s a significant growth in smart attacks and their average duration
- A growing number of P2P botnets. Attackers are using a new sort of independent C&C servers which are harder to neutralize
- The duration of the longest attack virtually doubled
- Nearly 28% of attacks happened on weekends
- The traditional attack peaks did not happen during Black Friday, Christmas and New Year seasons.
Read the entire report here.
Prevent your next DDoS attack – learn more about our DDoS defense systems and how we can protect your business from future cyber threats.
Stay safe with TrustNet’s Always-On protection.